Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wanderings

I love to wander during my online adventures. The same as I enjoy poking around in thrift/second hand and antique stores. Looking at the possibilities of what's there. Not exactly knowing what I could use it for or in what way/form. One of my favorite people is Rima of The Hermitage. Her most recent post about her life at the moment included maquettes she created as compositional aids for future works. Rima's work is so "her". Her expressive method of portraying folk tales, fairy tales and lettering. Her life's a mix of music (both hers and others), puppetry, interesting people and places and the otherness of living on the outside of "regular" life. I always leave her site, having spent much time relishing her most recent post. After reading today, I was interested in learning more about maquettes. If you'd like to learn a little more, here are some of the places I explored. Gathering Moss Clive-Jenkins Hicks Artlog if you like what you see, make sure to read parts 1-4 also. I'm loving these. Henry Moore Perry Green Enjoy your travels. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment